“Education for All” offers an important resource for educators and parents who teach and support the more than 6.5 million students with disabilities.
Written by LMU faculty members Terese Jimenez and Victoria Graf, the book aims to support parents and teachers of students with disabilities. Addressing the important overarching issues in the field and focus on topics that are relevant to students no matter what their individual disability, “Education for All” includes contributions from some of the most respected special and general education professionals including Mary Falvey, Diane Haager, Robert Rueda, and Janette Klingner. They Topics include:
- Working collaboratively with families as partners
- Including students with disabilities in general education settings
- Providing appropriate instructional practices for struggling learners
- Reducing the disproportionate representation of minorities in special education programs
- Establishing early intervention in K-12 settings
- Implementing special education law for the benefit of all children and families