Beginning March 12, Lions logging in to Workday will see a few visual and process updates to the system. These changes are part of Workday’s larger global updates rolled out twice each year, and are detailed below:
- You can now bookmark “My Requisitions” as a saved app in Workday for faster search processing in the future. To do so, click “MENU” (the hamburger icon next to the LMU logo in the top left of your screen), and select “Add Apps” at the bottom of the menu. In the “Find Apps” search field, type “Req” and add “My Requisitions” to your app list. In the new app, you can view more details for each req, add additional filter parameters, and see associated PO numbers.
Careers and Compensation
- For those looking at career opportunities within LMU, the Internal Careers page will have a new look and layout, including added banner graphics.
- A new field has been added to Period Activity Pay labeled “customize payments.” This does not affect LMU’s current utilization of period activity pay, thus HR recommends leaving it
Cash Sales Posting
- Users can now copy previously entered cash sales. The copy is created with the same worktags as the original, but all fields are still editable. This new feature may save you time if you regularly enter cash sales for different payments using the same worktags.
Adaptive Planning (for division/budget managers with Adaptive visibility only)
- When logging into the Adaptive Planning application, the graphics to the quick links have changed. This does not affect the content or functionality of the page.
Additionally, the following updates have been made, separate from the Workday biannual release:
- New “Budget vs. Actual” reports provide greater clarity in budget discrepancies. Workday Support materials will be updated to reflect these changes and new functionalities.
- Creating descriptions for existing reports: when searching for a report in Workday, the populated list will now provide an added descriptor of the purpose and content of each report.
- This new automated chatbot can answer many of your basic questions, and is an easy option to find what you’re searching for in Workday. For example, if you want to view your existing requisitions, simply type “purchase” into the Workday Assistant search field, and it will provide a list of all recent purchases.
Net Assets Roll Forward
- The issue affecting net assets roll forward has been corrected in Workday. Manual entries were made in FY22 (May 2022) to adjust the income statement accounts to correctly roll forward in FY23 as “net assets prior year.”
- Tired of clicking through more categories to find a common task in Workday? You can customize your Saved Categories to bookmark your frequent tasks. Simply click on Configure Search, drag your common task categories up to organize as desired, and hit “save.”
- Training: The LMU Controller’s office will be offering additional Workday financial trainings in the upcoming quarter. Topics and dates will be announced in the next few months as they are finalized.
For further information, reference guides and tutorials are always available on the Workday Support page (click on the life buoy icon on the primary Workday dashboard). Reference guides are continuously updated and the library expanded to support the LMU community. If a reference guide is missing or you want to suggest a new tutorial topic, please submit a help ticket.