As communicated earlier, we are switching from Aetna back to Anthem effective June 1, 2023. This Mid-Cycle Open Enrollment period is your chance to review your needs and enroll in an Anthem or Kaiser plan. If you haven’t already made your selection, take action today!
All faculty and staff have the opportunity to enroll in an Anthem plan during this Mid-Cycle Open Enrollment period, including those currently enrolled in Kaiser plans and those who previously elected to waive medical coverage.
If you are a current Aetna plan member and you do not make a selection during this enrollment period, you will not have any medical coverage through the university for the remainder of 2023. Kaiser plan members who do not make a selection during this Mid-Cycle Open Enrollment will continue to have the same medical coverage.
The Anthem Plans
You have three Anthem plan options, which are similar to the plans we previously offered in 2022:
- The Anthem Blue Cross PPO Plan (formerly the Aetna Managed Choice POS)
- The Anthem Advantage HMO (formerly the Aetna HMO)
- The Anthem Blue Cross HealthSave Plan (formerly the Aetna Managed Choice POS HDHP)
For details about each plan, see the updated A Guide to Your 2023 LMU mybenefits guide and A Comparison of Your 2023 LMU mybenefits chart, both available here.
Transition of Care
If you are currently with Aetna and in the middle of treatment or scheduled for treatment with a provider who is not in Anthem’s network, Anthem offers a Transition of Care program that may allow you to continue care with your current provider for a limited period. Each Transition of Care request is treated on a case-by-case basis and is subject to approval. You will need to fill out a Transition of Care form, which you can find posted at https://admin.lmu.edu/hr/openenrollment/. Visit https://www.anthem.com/ca for more information.
How to Enroll
You’ll make your Mid-Cycle Open Enrollment elections in Workday, which can be accessed via MyLMU. Simply click on the Workday icon in the primary navigation bar (Note: DUO is required to access Workday).
1. Click the Inbox icon.
2. Click the Open Enrollment Change task.
3. Click Let’s Get Started.
4. Click Manage to update your medical elections.
5. Click Enroll to elect a new benefit plan.
6. Choose Select or Waive for each medical election. Your current elections default.
7. Click the Plan Details links to review.
8. Modify your coverage, if needed.
You can add/modify additional benefits, dependents and designate beneficiaries here and then click Group Health Care > Enrollment Instructions.
For assistance with benefits questions, please create a ticket here (HR-Benefits). If you need assistance with DUO, call the ITS Service Desk at 310.338.7777 or email@example.com for Westchester campus and the LMU Loyola Law School campus.
What Does This Change Mean for My Other Benefits?
- If you are currently enrolled in the Healthcare FSA, you may not change your deposit amount, even if you change medical plans. You will not be eligible to contribute to an HSA, even if you switch to the HealthSave Plan.
- If you are NOT currently enrolled in the Healthcare FSA, you will not become eligible to enroll, regardless of which medical plan you elect. However, if you enroll in the HealthSave Plan, you will become eligible to contribute to an HSA.
- You may not make any changes to your dental or vision plans.